Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Modest Girl of the Week: Wendy

This Week’s Modest Girl is a little different. It’s a bit of a longer post, but really worth the read. I wanted you all to get a different perspective, of someone who has come to church later in life and was convicted with respect to Modesty. Here is her story. Be blessed.

Name: Wendy L.

Age: Thirty- Something (LOL)

Dressing Modestly since: About a Year ago

Anything you want to say about modesty:

I began to dress modestly approximately one year ago but it was not from one day to the next. Honestly, I still struggle with modesty every now and then. But if you knew me back then you would say I have come a long way. It's taken me a long journey to find out what is pleasing to God. I say long because I came to the feet of Jesus in 1996, I was 22. At that time I fell in love with Jesus and even began to reflect it in the way I dressed, naturally. Prior to that, it was all about being sexy. I did not grow up in a Christian home, I grew up with parents who would dress up sexy and go to parties. Parents who permed their hair with afros when that was in style LOL. Back to 1996, my modest dress didn't last long and neither did my church attendance. I was lured back into the world, but this time with the knowledge of a powerful and living God. I mean, I have always prayed to Jesus since I was a little girl but in 1996 was when He became real to me. Even though I was lured back into the world, I never did forget Him and still He did not forget me. My story is long but I will say that today, I know He has never left nor forsaken me and all I want to do is to abide in Him, to please Him, to be used by Him. It is the only place I want to be. The world has nothing to offer me....NOTHING! He has heard and answered my prayers. One of them being, to show me how to be a true Christian, a true follower....and that was when He led me to my present church where they not only "say" they love Him but "show" Him they love Him. I will never forget the first day I visited my church. From the moment I walked in I knew that God led me to the church of the early Christians. I felt God's presence like never before in a church and what I saw was pure and holy....God's people, a set apart people. You know, before I was led to this church I had done a little research about the early Christians because I knew that the early Christians were the true followers. He is truly amazing and faithful!! These verses have been engraved in my heart. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments". "Be holy, because I am holy". They convict me when I struggle with modesty. I am not anywhere near where I feel I should be, but one day it will all come so natural to me as I continue to fall deeper and deeper for Him. I am hoping that the day will come when "my beloved" will say "unto me, rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away". Song of Solomon 2:10-13

I have noticed that since I have been dressing modestly people have seen a change in me. Some like the change and some just can't get used to it LOL...but I am here to only please Him. I've been told that I have joy, peace, that I look so beautiful and that I look so Christian. People are careful not to swear around me. I get smiles from strangers on the street from both men and women. When in the past, men would look at me lustfully and women would give me the evil eye. I find that my effort to dress modestly has humbled me. "Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up". What a beautiful place to be :).

Thanks to the modest women at my church, especially the young ladies. You have all been an inspiration in my life. I thank God for you! You are truly daughters of the King! Thanks to my beautiful sister Natalie for asking me to be a part of this amazing blog even though I am new at this modesty walk. May God bless you IMMENSELY for your love and faithfulness to Him. Last but not least I thank Jesus my Lord and Saviour, my everything. I am nothing without you! I love you.

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful testimony! so glad you posted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Glad you were blessed. I will be sure to let Wendy Know.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It's all for Him =).
    By the way I was 23 and not 22 when I was brought to the feet of Jesus. I ran into an old friend the other day who was there with me when I "accepted Jesus into my heart". He is certain it was in 1997. Ooops I think I just gave away my age! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...